VMAPP | Volcanic Margin Petroleum Prospectivity
Edited by Sverre Planke, Dougal Jerram and John Millett.
VMAPP has been a three-year multi-client project consisting of a base package and additional sub-projects. The project started July 2013 and was concluded December 2016. The base package is divided into ten core and research modules. We offer optional regional modules, thematic field trips and consulting as additional sub-projects. The Early Participating (EP) companies was given the opportunity to help guide the project focus and deliverables.
Companies now joining as Late Participants (LP) will get 2,5 days introduction course and 1/2 day consultancy inclusive.
Project aim: New understanding and training on volcanic margin deposits and processes for higher exploration success in frontier basins.
Audience: Petroleum companies exploring rifted margins and volcanic basins with targeted information for explorers, seismic processors, petrophysicists, basin modelers and drilling engineers.
Project group: Three companies (VBPR, DougalEARTH and TGS) with long and complimentary experience in petroleum exploration of volcanic margins and volcanic basins world-wide.
- CM1 | Volcanic Systems and Deposits
- CM2 | Petrophysical Properties and Drilling
- CM3 | Sub- and Intra-Basalt Seismic Imaging
- CM4 | Seismic Interpretation of Igneous Units
- CM5 | Volcanic Basin Petroleum System
- RM1 | The basalt - sediment transition
- RM2 | Reservoir and seal characteristics
- RM3 | Maturation and migration
- RM4 | Rift to drift transition
- RM5 | Evaporites, carbonates and volcanics